Monday, June 25, 2012

DIY Clock

I had been searching for months for a clock for the studio. I couldn't find anything that I was 100% happy with (in my price range of course)! One Sunday morning my best friend and I were browsing through Terrigal's Car Boot Sale when I saw an MDF clock. It got me thinking... maybe I could just decorate over the existing design. At just $3, I had to at least give it a go. Here are the results and a tutorial on my DIY clock.

I adhered 2 sheets of patterned paper
with double sided tape, for this
design I have chosen the seam
to be on the diagonal

Then I turned it over and trimmed the
excess paper with a Stanley knife

I sanded the edges to give a distressed
and more finished look

For the centre I cut 2 squares. Then
made a large hole in the centre and
cut an opening from the hole to one
of the corners

To adhere them I used double-sided
tape and to make it straight I used a
Line it Up tool

I added Thickers numbers around
the centre square

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Scissors, Paper, Ink! We love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave us a comment!